Here at the Folkestone School for Girls you can have peace of mind that your daughter has the option of receiving delicious, healthy meals.
We have appointed Independent Catering as our school caterer, their meals have always surpassed the now mandatory nutritional guidelines, so you can rest assured that our school is getting the very best.
Independent Catering always source good-quality fresh ingredients from local suppliers and create delicious, imaginative menus.
Independent Catering is the fresh food caterer at school offering varied menus using fresh U.K. meats, fresh salads and fresh vegetables every day from our local suppliers.
A cash-less payment system is operated reducing the problems of cash in the school and encouraging healthy eating. Payment is made on our web site shown below.
This credit balance is debited each time a pupil purchases food items from the cafeteria at breakfast, mid-morning break and lunch. A maximum daily spend limit of £5.00 is set (please email us, should you wish to have a different daily limit); however an average daily spend is estimated at £3.00 per day. Main Meal and Dessert is currently £2.30.
Independent Catering has changed the way to pay for school meals online. This will enable you to see balances, purchases and credits and we have introduced a New Balance reminder email! You will now receive a reminder email when the balance falls below £5.
To register you will need a sQuid registration number (16 digits) and cvv number (3 digits) which is unique to each pupil.
If you do not have this, please email via our website below stating the School Name & your sons/daughters name and form.
Squid is a new way for you to top up your child’s school cashless catering account online. sQuid is FREE to get and FREE to use for Debit Cards.
How to create your own online sQuid account:
1. Go to the following web page www.independentcatering.co.uk where you will find your school listed under sQuid. Click on your school link.
2. On the sQuid web page, select ‘Click here to register’ to create an account and register your unique sQuid registration number.
3. Create a sQuid account by registering your details and create your own Username, Password and security question and answer.
4. Register your sQuid registration number and 3 digit security code.
Once you have created a sQuid account and registered your sQuid registration number you will also be able to manage your sQuid account online at anytime:
- Check your account balance.
- Top up your account from your credit or debit card.
- View transactions.
Please refer to the sQuid web site for full Terms and Conditions