School uniform is worn by all students except those in the Sixth Form. Standard items of school uniform are available from the School Shop or from Channel Uniforms.
Navy Blue Blazer with School Logo*
Kilt in tartan plaid or School Trousers in navy*
White revered blouse with three quarter length sleeves*
Navy blue slipover or plain navy blue long sleeved v-neck jumper (Optional)*
Plain dark coloured outdoor coat or jacket (not leather, denim or fur)
Plain black tights (Not patterned).
Plain black socks (Ankle or knee socks only with no logo - not over the knee).
Shoes - Plain black leather or leather look in a sensible style
*Available for purchase through the school shop. In addition, second hand uniform is available to buy from the second hand store in the school uniform shop.
PE Shirt in school colours*
PE Skort in school colours*
Black leggings or navy jogging bottoms with white edging*
White ankle/trainer socks
Predominantly white trainers (with non-marking soles)
Plain navy blue sweatshirt with School logo*
*Available for purchase through the school shop.
All clothing must be clearly named
In addition to wearing the uniform, students must abide by the following regulations:
- Students are expected to wear full school uniform to and from school daily and for the entirety of the day (e.g. Having PE first lesson or during the day does not excuse you wearing incorrect uniform) ;
- Blazers arms should not be rolled up;
- If a blazer is not being worn it must still be in the student's bag.
- A Jumper should only be worn in addition to the school blazer and never instead of;
- Skirts should be worn at an appropriately modest length (no more than 15cm above the knee when kneeling);
- No leggings to be worn in school other than in PE or Dance lessons;
- No hoodies or cardigans are allowed to be worn in school at any time;
- Scarves must be removed before going into lessons/assembly/tutor time;
- Only one small earring to be worn in each ear;
- No other body piercing or ear stretchers (It is not acceptable to cover piercings with plasters);
- No nail varnish or false/acrylic nails;
- No jewellery to be worn;
- No makeup is to be worn by Year 7 or Year 8 students. Year 9, 10 and 11 students should not wear visible makeup, this will be at the discretion of Pastoral Staff to decide what is acceptable;
- Hair should not be artificially dyed in an unnatural colour or strongly contrasting colours;
- Extreme hairstyles are prohibited;
- Hair to be tied back in practical lessons;
- All headscarves should be navy;
- Shoes must be a sensible style in plain black. The following are not permitted:-
- Canvas shoes
- Heels higher than 2.5cm;
- Trainer style shoes
- Shoes with sports logos
- Boots of any type (except when there is snow lying on the ground);
- Open toes, sling backs or pointed heels;
- Platform shoes.
School uniform violations will be monitored via the uniform card system. If a student is found to be in serious breach of school uniform regulations, she will be supplied with a suitable replacement item of uniform whilst she is obtaining the correct item. Students who wear inappropriate items may have them confiscated and retained for a set period.
There will be consequences for anyone whose appearance or dress is deemed inappropriate for school
Students also need to bring a pencil case containing pens, pencils, ruler, rubber and a scientific calculator to school every day.
Mobile Phones -we appreciate that parents want their daughters to have access to a mobile phone for any emergencies and consequently do not wish to ban them from the school site. However, phones must be switched off and stored in schoolbags in lessons, tutor time and assembly. Please do not call your daughter during the school day and expect to speak to her.
Click here for the up to date uniform price list.
Pupils - Friday 12:45pm to 1:25pm and 3:30pm to 4:00pm
Parents - Friday 12:45pm to 4:00pm
Other times during Friday are available through appointment only.
For appointments please contact finance on 01303 251125 Ext 241 or 251
The school uniform shop is accessed via Entrance B from Coolinge road.
August 2017 Opening Times
Thursday 17th August - 10am to 2pm
Friday 18th August - 10am to 2pm
Thursday 24th August - 10am to 2pm
Friday 25th August - 10am to 2pm
Second hand uniform is available, items range in price from as little as £2 to £7.
Payment for uniform can be made by cheque, debit/credit card or cash. Contactless payment is now also available for orders up to £15. Please make cheques payable to the Folkestone School for Girls and print your daughter's name on the reverse.
Second hand uniform can only be purchased by cash.